Welcome to the Apple Valley Volleyball Homepage!
This is the homepage for the Apple Valley Junior Volleyball Club and the Apple Valley High School Girls Volleyball Boosters. Together we refer to ourselves as Apple Valley Volleyball, or AVVB.
AVVB 16s Win at Eastview, 15s Sixth at StMA
March 10, 2014
The AVVB 15 volleyball team was at a tournament in St. Michael/Albertville on March 9, 2014. The team played a very competitive morning of pool play, against Litchfield to win 2 out of 3 games; then against Rocori to lose in two games and Elk River 15 to win in 2 games. Bracket play found the AVJO 15 team once again in the Silver Bracket playing the Elk River 16 team winning 2 out of 3 and then Elk River 15 team to lose 2 out of 3 games. They won 2nd place in the Silver Bracket and 6th Place overall out of 12 teams.
The AVVB 16s won 1st place at the Eastview 18s tournament.
15s Play in Taylor Arena
March 5, 2014
Our Apple Valley 15's played for a second time at Mankato State University in a tournament on Sunday, March 2. This time they played their games at the arena in Taylor Center. The team came away with 2nd place in the silver bracket. Go Eagles!
Presidents' Day Action
We have a half dozen pictures posted to the photo galleries including a video of our own Michayla Rowcliffe singing the National Anthem on the last day of the tournament Monday morning. After playing hard Saturday and Sunday in pool play, the 15-1 team played on President's Day in the Bronze bracket of tournament. They won all Monday's games to place first. A great time was had by all, even through the treacherous drive home in a snow storm.
The AVVB 16-1s were in the Dells too. More to come … .
January 21, 2014 (updated January 23)
Here's a quick recap of the AVVB 15s trip to the MSU Mankato tournament: The 15s team played very well and took 2nd in their pool. They advanced to the Gold bracket to play Waconia who took first in their pool. The girls played two very close games, but in the end they lost their match to Waconia. Overall, they took 3rd in their bracket for the tournament.
That’s it for now, … until the Big Luau this weekend.
This is a much belated post, but here are some photos from the 2013 VB banquet!
Juniors: First Tournament for AVVB 15s at Blazer Volleyball Club
December 27, 2013
The 15-1's team won all their pool play games until the last match against the BVC 16's team. They stuck in there with the 16's, game 1: 20-25, game 2: 23-25, playing hard but lost their match to this team in the end. They were going for 1st or 2nd in their pool.
In the end, the 15-1's won 3rd place in the top bracket in two solid games for their first tournament of the season! Great way to kick off their season together!
2014 Apple Valley Attack Tournament Dates Set for April 5-6
November 25, 2013
AVVB will be hosting a tournament April 5-6, 2014. Find the link on the juniors page for more information.
October 24, 2013
Apple Valley played their final match of the 2013 season, losing to Rosemount in three sets. The Eagles finished with a 12-16 over-all record and a 4-5 conference record, both representing marked improvement over the 2012 season.
Changes to the Photo Galleries
October 24, 2013
The good news is that we updated the photo galleries to the new SmugMug photo sharing site. The bad news is that in the process we seem to have lost all of the customization that made the site look and feel like an extension of the regular website.
So on your part, you will see that the navigation of the site is a little different. We may continue to experiment with the format until we find one we like better than the others; so don't be surprised if the appearance changes a little bit from time to time.
As always, if you have comments, you can send them to webmaster@ applevalleyvolleyball.com.
Apple Valley Wins Section 3AAA First Round Match
October 22, 2013
Apple Valley defeated Bloomington Jefferson in four sets: 21-25, 25-14, 25-10, 25-17. Apple Valley advances to the second round of the tournament. They travel to Rosemount on Thursday to play at 7pm.
Section 3AAA Pairings
October 22, 2012
The State High School League has posted the 3AAA brackets. Apple Valley will host Bloomington Jefferson in a first-round game on October 22 at 7pm.
Eagles Finish Regular Season with a Win Over Blaze
October 15, 2013
Apple Valley dropped the first set to Burnsville 18-25, but stormed back to win the next three 25-19, 26-24, and 25-23. The Eagles conclude their regular season with a record of 11-15, and now they await their seed in the Section 3AAA Tournament.
Burnsville Match Online
October 14, 2013
The final regular season match will be streaming on highschoolcube.com on Tuesday, October 15.
October Classic Day 2 results
October 13, 2013
- Chanhassen def Apple Valley 25-23,25-22
- Osseo def Kasson-Mantorville 25-8,25-18
- Minneota def Hibbing 25-20,25-13
- Burnsville def Luck (WI) 25-18,25-16
- Winona def Maranatha 25-16,25-13
- Wabasha-Kellogg def Edina 25-19,20-25,15-11
- Eau Claire North (WI) def Zumbrota-Mazeppa 25-20,25-19
- Jordan def Rochester John Marshall 25-12,25-18
Final Match Results:
- 15th Place — Zumbrota-Mazeppa def Rochester John Marshall 25-23,25-19
- 13th Place — Jordan def Eau Claire North (WI) 25-15,23-25,15-10
- 11th Place — Edina def Maranatha 25-8,25-9
- 9th Place — Wabasha-Kellogg def Winona 25-22,17-25,15-10
- 7th Place — Luck (WI) def Hibbing 25-15,25-16
- 5th Place — Burnsville def Minneota 28-26,8-25,16-14
- 3rd Place — Kasson-Mantorville def Apple Valley 25-19,25-18
- Championship — Chanhassen def Osseo 20-25,25-19,15-12
October Classic Day1 results
October 12, 2013
- Apple Valley def Maranatha 25-4,25-10
- Apple Valley def Hibbing 25-12,25-14
- Hibbing def Maranatha 25-19,25-19
- Chanhassen def Zumbrota-Mazeppa 25-11,26-24
- Minneota def Winona 20-25,25-11,15-10
- Osseo def Wabasha-Kellogg 25-9,25-16
- Burnsville def Jordan 25-21,25-20
- Luck,WI def Edina 15-25,25-18,15-9
- Kasson-Mantorville def Rochester John Marshall 25-13,25-22
- Chanhassen def Minneota 20-25,25-18,15-8
- Osseo def Burnsville 25-17,25-18
- Kasson-Mantorville def Luck,WI 25-14,25-14
- Winona def Zumbrota-Mazeppa 25-18,25-13
- Wabasha-Kellogg def Jordan 24-26,25-16,15-12
- Edina def Rochester John Marshall 25-23,25-23
Juniors: Tryouts for 2014 Season Scheduled
October 7, 2013
Tryouts for Apple Valley Junior Girls Volleyball will be held
October Classic Tournament Pairings Posted
October 7, 2013
The October Classic pairings are posted on the Tournaments page.
Streaming Site for Away Match at Kennedy
October 2, 2013
This Thursday PSBMN.com will live webcast the match vs. Bloomington Kennedy.
Apple Valley JV & B-Squad Tournament Pairings Posted
October 1, 2013
The Apple Valley JV & B-Squad Tournament pairings are posted on the Tournaments page.
Streaming Site for Match vs. Rosemount
September 23, 2013
Here is the link for the web-stream of the volleyball match between the Eagles and the Irish, live at 6:45 p.m. on Tuessday.
Fall League Update
September 23, 2013
Apple Valley Middle School Brown Team (14-1s) had another successful weekend, defeating
- Northern Lights 8-5s: 25-17, 25-14, 18-16, and
- the Spartan Wave 14-1s: 25-10, 25-11, 15-3.
Eagle Invitational Final Results
September 21, 2013
- Blaine def Marshall 25-20, 25-27, 15-12
- Eagan def Chaska 25-21, 25-22
5th - 8th semis:
- Hopkins def Lakeville North 16-25, 25-23, 18-16
- Eden Prairie def Lakeville South 25-20, 25-11
9th - 12th semis
- Waconia def Shakopee 25-23, 19-25, 15-11
- Alexandria def Moorhead 25-20, 12-25, 15-8
13th - 16th semis
- Bemidji def Apple Valley 25-18, 25-16
- Bethlehem Academy def Andover 25-17, 25-11
Fourth Round Matches:
- 15th Place
- Apple Valley def Andover 25-17, 25-23
- 13th Place
- Bethlehem Academy def Bemidji 22-25, 25-19, 17-15
- 11th Place
- Shakopee def Moorhead 25-21, 25-23
- 9th Place
- Waconia def Alexandria 24-26, 25-21, 20-18
- 7th Place
- Lakeville North def Lakeville South 25-19, 25-19
- 5th Place
- Hopkins def Eden Prairie 25-17, 25-21
- 3rd Place
- Chaska def Marshall 25-14, 25-19
- Eagan def Blaine 22-25, 25-22, 15-7
Eagle Invitational Results
September 20, 2013
Friday Round 1 Matches:
- Hopkins def Apple Valley 25-17, 25-20
- Blaine def Shakopee 25-19, 25-16
- Marshall def Bemidji 25-16, 25-20
- Lakeville North def Waconia 25-19, 25-18
- Eagan def Alexandria 25-13, 25-20
- Eden Prairie def Andover 25-14, 25-8
- Lakeville South def Bethlehem Academy 25-15, 25-11
- Chaska def Moorhead 25-23, 25-17
- Blaine def Hopkins 19-25, 25-22, 15-5
- Marshall def Lakeville North 25-19, 25-18
- Eagan def Eden Prairie 25-23, 25-21
- Chaska def Lakeville South 25-23, 25-14
- Shakopee def Apple Valley 19-25, 25-21, 15-13
- Waconia def Bemidji 25-27, 25-17, 15-11
- Alexandria def Andover 25-23, 25-21
- Moorhead def Bethlehem Academy 25-18, 19-25, 15-10
Prior Lake Match on HighSchoolCube.com
September 17, 2013
Here is the link for the web-stream of the volleyball match between the Eagles and the Lakers, live at 6:45 p.m. on Thursday.
Apple Valley Falls to Lakeville North
September 17, 2013
The Eagles lost to the Lakeville North Panthers in three sets. JV won in three, B-squad lost in three, 9A lost in two, and 9B won in two.
AVHS 9A Wins Autumn Attack Tournament
September 16, 2013
The winner of the two 9A pools (Brown and Gold) went head-to-head for the championship. Apple Valley defeated the Gold Pool A-seed Eden Prairie for the championship!
Fall League Update
September 14, 2013
AV 14-1s started the fall season at the Warehouse today with a successful showing, beating Eden Prairie Comp 782 (25-12, 25-18, 15-12) and Northern Lights 7-4 (23-25, 25-22, 15-13).
Apple Valley Triumphs Over Cross-Town Rival Eastview
September 13, 2013
The Eagles beat the Lightning in five sets 25-21, 25-23, 22-25, 18-25, 15-12. This was the first win over Eastview in at least five years. The other four AVHS teams made it a clean sweep. JV won 25-15, 25-12; B-squad in like fashion 25-15, 25-15; 9A won 26-24, 25-19, and 9B won 23-25, 15-25.
Autumn Attack Ninth Grade Tournament Pairings Posted
September 13, 2013
Ninth Grade Tournament pairings are posted on the Tournaments page.
Eagle Invitational Pairings Posted
September 13, 2013
Eagle Invitational pairings are posted on the Tournaments page.
Eastview Match on HighSchoolCube.com
September 11, 2013
Here is the link to the web stream for the game vs. Eastview if we do not see you at the game.
Valley Falls to Eighth-Ranked Eden Prairie
September 10, 2013
The Apple Valley Eagles lost to the eighth-ranked Eden Prairie Eagles in three sets (10-25, 15-25, 22-25). The remaining teams all lost as well. Junior Varsity also lost in three sets (25-20, 22-25, 11-15), 9A in three (25-23, 15-25, 16-18), B-Squad lost in two (11-25, 17-25) and 9B in two (9B 22-25, 11-25).
Eden Prairie Match on HighSchoolCube.com
September 10, 2013
Complete Aerie Challenge Results
September 7, 2013 (updated Sept. 8)
Friday Round 1 Matches:
- Apple Valley over Virginia 25-14, 25-8
- Mounds View over Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton 25-19, 25-19
- Faribault over Bloomington Kennedy 26-24, 25-12
- Stillwater over Caledonia 25-10, 25-14
- Rosemount over Concordia Academy-Roseville 25-19, 25-21
- Minneapolis Southwest over Hastings 25-15, 25-18
- Cretin-Derham Hall over Saint Francis 25-14, 25-13
- Stewartville over Centennial 25-18, 25-16
Friday Round 2 Matches:
- Mounds View over Apple Valley 25-23, 28-26
- Stillwater over Faribault 25-14, 25-22
- Minneapolis Southwest over Rosemount 25-22, 25-16
- Stewartville over Cretin-Derham Hall 25-14, 25-21
- Concordia Academy-Roseville over Hastings 25-19, 25-10
- Saint Francis over Centennial 25-22, 20-25, 15-13
Saturday Round 3 Matches:
- Stillwater over Mounds View 25-19, 28-26
- Stewartville over Minneapolis Southwest 25-14, 25-6
- Apple Valley over Faribault 25-17, 25-16
- Cretin-Derham Hall over Rosemount 25-17, 25-23
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton over Caledonia 25-21, 25-23
- Concordia Academy over Saint Francis 21-25, 25-16, 15-10
- Bloomington Kennedy over Virginia 20-25, 25-12, 15-12
- Centennial over Hastings 25-16, 25-11
Saturday Round 4 Matches:
- Stillwater over Stewartville 25-15, 25-22 (Champs)
- Mounds View over Minneapolis Southwest 26-28, 25-23, 15-12 (3rd Place)
- Apple Valley over Cretin-Derham Hall 25-20, 19-25, 15-11 (5th Place)
- Rosemount over Faribault 25-22, 32-30 (7th Place)
- Concordia Academy over Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton 25-9, 25-19 (9th Place)
- Saint Francis over Caledonia 25-21, 25-22 (11th Place)
- Bloomington Kennedy over Centennial 25-12, 25-19 (13th Place)
- Hastings over Virginia 25-14, 25-16 (15th Place)
Apple Valley Finishes 2-0 on Second Day of Aerie Challenge
September 8, 2013
Apple Valley beat Faribault 25-17, 25-16, and finished in fifth place by beating Cretin-Derham Hall in three: 25-20, 19-25, 15-11.
Apple Valley Goes 1-1 on First Day of Aerie Challenge
September 6, 2013
Apple Valley beat Virginia easily in two 25-14, 25-8. Read more.
In the second feature, the Eagles lost to Mounds View in two closely contested sets 23-25, 26-28.
Coaches' Poll (Week 2)
September 3, 2013
Kevin Anderson has posted the AVCA Coaches' Poll on his Sports Resource blog. Three teams from our conference are in the top ten: #1 Lakeville North, #4 Eagan, and #7 Prior Lake. Also getting votes: Burnsville, Lakeville South, and Rosemount.
Fall Leagues: Rosters & Schedules Posted
September 2, 2013
Rosters for the Middle School and Youth Fall Leagues have been posted. The South Suburban League schedule is also available from the fall leagues page.
Aerie Challenge Pairings Posted
August 30, 2013
Aerie Challenge pairings posted on the Tournaments page.
August 29, 2013
The Eagles played with passion but lost 1-3 with the third set going to extra points 21-25, 25-22, 28-30, 22-25.
JV won 25-20, 25-15. The 9A Eagles defeated the Farmington Tigers 25-9 and 25-17. The team has shown great passion and teamwork and are off to an impressive 3-0 start! B-Squad won in 2 sets, and 9B lost.
August 27, 2013
The Eagles found themselves in a tough spot, behind 1-2 in sets in a sweltering hot gym, but they came back to win the final two sets over the Bombers. The set scores were 25-17, 18-25, 20-25, 25-15, and 15-8. Read more.
Junior Varsity won 25-17, 25-14. The 9A team won in two. B-Squad and 9B were not in action.
Live Streaming the Cannon Falls Match
August 27, 2013
Cliff Dodge and a group of students he works with are going to be live streaming tonight's volleyball match with multiple cameras and some student announcers. Live stream begins at 6:40 p.m.
August 23, 2013
Apple Valley lost their season opener at Wayzata in straight sets 4-25, 14-25, 21-25. JV also lost in straight sets 20-25, 10-25. B-Squad and 9A each won in 3. 9B lost in 2. (Please send corrections or additional information to email@example.com.)
Players, Parents, Coaches, and Ice Cream
August 19, 2013
During the AVVB Booster Ice Cream Social, Coaches and parents had a chance to introduce themselves to one another, and parents had the opportunity to sign up for volunteer opportunities. Everyone had to opportunity to purchase T-shirts and other spirit wear. Finally, everyone got to hear from the coaches and from the Boosters about how AVVB runs — in the gym, on the court, and behind the scenes.
Get Our New iPhone App!
August 19, 2013
To be honest it's not really an app, it's more of a bookmark. But whatever you want to call it, it's handy. Follow this link for instructions on how to put our website on your iPhone's home screen.
Roster Set, Coaches Get a Look at the Lineup at Scrimmage
August 18, 2013
The Apple Valley coaching staff had chosen players for the 2013 varsity and junior varsity squads on Wednesday, and on Saturday morning they had a chance to see how the pieces fit together. The volleyball teams from Maple Grove, Hopkins (#5 Class 3A), and Zumbrota-Mazeppa converged on the Apple Valley gymnasium for three hours of scrimmaging.
Reminder: August 20 Player/Parent Information Meeting & Ice Cream Social
August 15, 2013
Reminder — Player/Parent Information Meeting is Tuesday. All players and parents are to attend this meeting. The meeting will be held at 6:30pm in the AVHS gym.
Come meet the coaches and players. Eat ice cream. Get important 2013 season information. Eat ice cream. Purchase player warmups and spirit wear. Eat ice cream. Sign up for volunteer opportunities. Did we say there would be ice cream? Get details … .
High School: Rosters Are Posted
August 14, 2013
Rosters for all five teams have been posted. Some details (jersey number, position, etc.) still have to be determined. In addition to the rosters, practice schedules up to Labor Day have also been posted.
Pre-Season Coaches Poll
August 13, 2013
With the start of the fall season, the StarTribune has posted the Pre-Season Coaches Poll. Check out how many of the Class 3A teams receiving votes are on the Eagles' schedule. The Eagle Invitational consists of all three pre-season #1's plus eight more Class 3A teams receiving votes.
High School: Tryout Information
August 2, 2013
Tryouts for the upcoming 2013 season will be Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, August 12-14. Tryouts will be in two sessions on Monday and Tuesday, from 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-2:30. Wednesday will have a morning session 8:30-11:30. Teams will be decided by the end of the day Wednesday.
Please come to tryouts dressed and ready to participate by the start time of each session. Bring a water bottle and a healthy bag lunch, unless you are planning to get lunch off-campus. All eligibility documents, including physicals and MSHSL documents should be completed with the Athletic Office prior to August 9. If you have questions regarding eligibility please check the AVHS website.
Captains' Practices — Save the Dates!
July 28, 2013 (Updated July 30)
Captains practice will be at Redwood Park Aug. 5-9. Practice will be held from 9am to 11am Monday through Friday. On Thursday players will meet at AVHS at 6:30pm for the Cookie Sales Blitz.
Juniors: Fall League Registration is Coming!
July 23, 2013
It may seem crazy, but it is time to think about fall volleyball again. Tryout dates for fall youth volleyball leagues are set. All girls in grades 4-8 are welcome. Tryouts are for team placement. More information can be found on the fall leagues page
|Date:||Monday, August 12||Time:||6:30pm-8:00pm all ages||Place:||AVHS Gym|
AVVB Campers Having Fun in the Sun and Inside Too
July 17, 2013
The high school aged AVVB campers have been having fun playing volleyball on the grass in front of AVHS. The younger girls have been have been keeping cool in the gym.
New Volleyball Coach Named for the Eagles
July 12, 2013
As posted by AVHS Athletic Director Pete Buesgens: Apple Valley High School is excited to announce the hiring of Heather LaChapelle as the new head volleyball coach of the Eagles. She replaces Shelly Lundin who resigned in June. LaChapelle is a 2004 graduate of Eagan High School where she was a member of the 2001 and 2003 State Championship teams. She attended Carleton College in Northfield, earning a degree in Social Studies Education while playing volleyball. A key member of the Knights team, LaChapelle earned MIAC Freshman of the Year honors in 2004, earned All-MIAChonors in 2007 and was named the team's Most Inspirational Player. She played in a remarkable 355 out of 357 games while at Carleton. Upon graduation, LaChapelle coached for Carleton and also at both Eagan High School and Lakeville North High School. She is currently a Social Studies teacher in ISD 196, splitting her days between Black Hawk Middle School and the School of Environmental Studies.
Apple Valley High School 2013 Fall Sports Season Registration Opens July 15
July 12, 2013
Registration for fall sports begins July 15. All students who plan to play volleyball must register before attending the first practice or meeting. Volleyball practice begins Monday, August 12.
Open Gym for AVHS Volleyball Players
June 11, 2013
Open gyms will be held every Thursday morning from 9:30-11:30. There may be another day added but right now just Thursdays. Outdoor doubles in the field off Hayes road at the front of the school.
Summer VB Clinic
June 1, 2013
Apple Valley Junior Volleyball is offering a Summer Volleyball Clinic for girls who will be in grade 8 or younger during the 2013-14 school year. The clinic will meet from 6-8pm at Scott Highland Middle School on Tuesday evenings starting June 11 and continuing every week (except the week of July 4th) until July 23. There is NO REGISTRATION FEE, but you do need to register. Follow the link.
AVVB 2013 Summer Volleyball Camps
April 10, 2013
The AVHS volleyball coaching staff will hold summer volleyball camps in 2013 for youth and high school players July 15-18. There will be two sessions — one for high school players entering grades 9-12 in the morning from 8am-noon and one for youth players entering grades 4-8 in the afternoon from 1-4pm. Volleyball players might also consider other summer programs at AVHS like the strength and conditioning program.
When signing up for volleyball camp, use camp code AVOLL-48 for the youth camp and AVOLLHS-912 for the high school camp.